Monday, July 15, 2013

The Craze of the CC Creams

This is going to the first posts out of a series featuring my makeup/skin-care haul in Seoul Korea. It took a while but I finally had the chance to gather everything together for the first post. Starting with my favorite makeup category from the trip - the CC creams!!

So what exactly is a CC cream??!! It is basically a color control cream - think BB creams with additional color control properties. It's meant to apply without the gray tint that's normal for BB creams and will impart a radiance to the skin lasting the entire day. Here are my loots:

Holika Holika Real Skin Finish:
This has totally replaced foundation in my everyday makeup routine!! Upon application, it gives a slight white cast but give it time and you will be amazed at how good your skin looks. For me, it does exactly what the name says - a miracle real skin finish!! Absolute love!!

Banila Co: it Radiant CC Cream:
Another star product from the trip! Skin looks like it's lit from within while still being natural. Major hearts!! It contains only about 30ml of product in a tube so definitely to stock up on in my next trip to Korea. 


Missha Complexion Coordinating BB Cream: 
I stepped into the shop fully set on buying their BB cream since it's the top selling BB cream in Korea only to get talked into this by the SA. Her reason - it's basically Missha BB cream with improved technology to color control properties. I got talked into it and no surprise - absolute love as well!! This is something I highly recommend not only because of how good it looks on the skin but also because of the high SPF. This is especially important for us girls residing in sunny Singapore where the sun has no mercy!! :-)




Nature Republic Super Origin Complete Control Cream:
 This is the only CC cream in the lot that I haven't got round to trying. I am riding on the high from all my positive CC creams experience so far, so I am having high hopes for this. Stay tune for updates!


Faceshop Aura Color Control Cream:
This is something that I have tried from the Faceshop in Singapore previously. Loved it and backups needed. Not to mention that the prices in Korea is half of what we pay in Singapore. 

This is the first installment of my haul from Korea and more will be posted over the next few days.  Thanks for reading and have a good night. XOXO!!

1 comment: